UFG is seeking a Risk Control Consultant in order to solidify our service and commitment to our company our value agents and policyholders. As a Risk Control Consultant you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is how you will spend your days: Travel outside the office to conduct reviews of our insureds’ property and operations. Your ability to identify and report on-site hazards will help avoid loss to property, workers compensation, inland marine, auto and general liability coverages. Your reports will include risk improvement solutions and products via recommendations that you deliver utilizing your skillset that support our best in class risk control approach. Through your strong verbal communication, you will conduct safety meetings and presentations to insureds, agents and internal partners. Your efforts will help build positive relationships with these key audiences.
UFG Risk Control Team is built on trust transparency and teamwork and you will work closely in a supportive atmosphere with our underwriting, claims and other risk control professionals to drive our company’s profitability and success.
The candidate must reside within a commutable distance of the assigned territory. Ideal locations include Lexington or Louisville, KY.
- Develop, implement, and obtain policy holder buy-in for risk management solutions and best practices, that help improve our policyholder’s business operations that focuses in on driving profit.
- Provide description of operations, evaluate exposures and controls
- Provide meaningful recommendations for actual and potential loss sources
- Complete preliminary problem definitions through a loss analysis on prospective and written accounts
- Complete timely and accurate reports that including description of operations, exposure & control evaluations, line of coverage grading, risk improvement evaluations, recommendations submission, problem identification and provide Consultative solutions
- Complete Expense Reports
- Manage workload in your assigned territory
- Prioritize based on book performance
- Able to manage and respond to internal and external requests in timely manner
- Train/guide/present to internal and external customers in techniques of loss exposure reduction through risk control services, solutions, and deliverables via onsite training and or virtual training.
- Consultative service approach to policyholders and agents
- Travel 3 to 5 days weekly
- A four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of risk control experience and/or private industry
- Effective communication & negotiation skills both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, agents, and company
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules
- Understanding of COPE
- Technology savvy
- Innovator and collaborator
- Able to manage various task/projects/initiatives
- Results oriented
- Team Player
- Knowledge of commercial liability, property, workers compensation and auto coverage’s and exposures
- Knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), General Industry and Construction Regulations, NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) and FMCR (Federal Motor Carrier Regulations)
- Behavior based Safety
- Completion or moving towards designations such as CSP, ARM or ALCM program is desired.