Dear Louisville Chapter Members,
During the current Coronavirus outbreak as a nation we are all asking “What can I do to help”? We as Safety & Health professionals recognize the severe shortage of PPE healthcare providers are facing. The Louisville Chapter Executive Committee has been working with the Kentucky Hospital Association to identify the most needed items and the most effective way to get them to those in need.
Working with KHA the decision was made to simplify the process and get PPE to communities we each serve using the following guidance.
- Identify what PPE from the below list members have available to donate.
- Contact the medical provider your organization has an existing working relationship with to schedule a time to bring your donation.
- Donations must be in unopened, original packaging and in accordance with approved hospital standards
At this time items of urgent need are:
- Masks (N95, surgical, and procedure)
- Disinfecting wipes such as Clorox or Sani-cloth wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Face shields
- Goggles and eye shields
- Isolation or surgical gowns
- CAPR/PAPR machines and disposables
On behalf of ASSP Executive Committee, Thank you.
Cynthia Brown, CSP
President / Community Service Chair
American Society Safety Professionals